Law Firm in Chicago and Northbrook Provides Tenacious Representation in Contested Divorce Cases
Resolving key family law matters like child custody and child support
The Law Offices of Michael P. Doman, Ltd. has been helping Chicago area residents navigate contested divorce, child custody, child support and other family law issues for more than 25 years, providing compassionate but direct counsel and tough representation in negotiation, arbitration and litigation.
Family law that concentrates on your needs
We are not general practitioners. The Law Offices of Michael P. Doman focuses on providing counsel and representation in:
- Divorce — We have built a reputation for providing tough and effective representation in divorce and all related matters, including spousal maintenance (alimony) and the division of marital property, such as vacation homes, family businesses and assets in pensions and nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
- Child custody — Whether you seek to get sole custody (also known as full custody), develop a sensible parenting plan, or gain access to your grandchildren, The Law Offices of Michael P. Doman ensures your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
- Child support — Illinois typically requires the noncustodial parent to pay child support to the custodial parent or, in the case of joint custody, the residential parent. If your ex remarries, it will terminate alimony, but may not necessarily end the child support you pay or receive.
- Family law — We provide services, counsel and representation in other critical family law matters, including civil unions, premarital/postmarital agreements (also referred to as prenups and postnups), protective orders and paternity rights.
Accessible, responsive and effective counsel and representation
The Law Offices of Michael P. Doman delivers an outstanding legal experience while protecting and asserting your rights. Among the many strengths our attorneys bring:
- 25 years’ legal experience — We know Illinois family law and the Chicago-area family courts, what they look for and where judges have discretion. We also know how opposing attorneys think and the tactics they use.
- Litigation skills — Our court-proven skills aid negotiations and alternative dispute resolution (ADR), and signal just how serious you are in making your case.
- Experience with tax and other financial issues — Our extensive knowledge of tax law helps us quickly identify the financial implications of marital property division decisions.
- Full transparency — We believe you should know what’s going on with your case, and we apprise you of every court order, petition by your spouse and petition we submit on your behalf.
- Objectivity — We respect your personal circumstances and do not pass judgment on decisions you make. We are direct with our advice, laying all the cards on the table.
- We are accessible and responsive — You can call your attorney at any hour, 24 hours a day.
- We are compassionate — We know the stress that divorce and other family issues can bring and seek to make your experience with the legal system as pleasant and informed as possible.
- We are discreet — We discuss your case with you and you alone. We do not share information with other family members unless you specifically request it.
Divorce is meant to correct a mistake...
The Law Offices of Michael P. Doman, Ltd. believes divorce is meant to correct a mistake, not give rise to new ones. We vigorously represent your rights in divorce and other family legal issues, applying our skills and acumen to ensure matters are resolved properly and finally, and leave as few loose ends as possible. To learn more about our capabilities and how we can help resolve your family law issues, please call us at 847.897.5288 or contact us online to arrange for an appointment. We maintain conveniently located offices in Northbrook and the Chicago Loop. Members of our staff are fluent in Polish and Russian.